123.hp.com/setup 2131 Printer
Tables of Content:
About HP Deskjet 2131 Printer
The 123.hp.com/setup 2131 Printer makes your daily printing, scanning, and copying functions easy.You can save money with optional high-yield ink cartridges. This printer minimizes your space with its all-in-one compact design that fits anywhere. Set up this HP printer easily with simple controls. The Original HP ink cartridges prints colorful photos and crisp documents. It is an ENERGY STAR certified printer that conserves the power resources without compromising the performance. It also reduces your environmental impact with a free cartridge recycling process through HP Planet Partners.
You can print with wireless technology that helps to take instant prints. Set up a printer before you start with it, and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Take a printout of a test page to know the status of your printer. Operate the printer from its control panel and make the necessary changes according to your preference. Download the driver of your printer from 123.hp.com/setup 2131 on your computer or smart device.
123 HP Deskjet 2131 Unboxing & Setting Up
Steps for HP DJ2131 Printer Unboxing:
- Break the seal of the printer’s package and take out the printer.
- Place the printer on a smooth surface.
- Remove the power cable, AC adapter, and the installation CD.
- Remove the protective tape that is found around the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door to remove the tape.
- Connect one end of the power cable to the rear of the printer.
- Connect the other end to the electrical outlet.
- Switch on the printer and press the Power button.
- Select the language of your printer on the Home screen.
- Open the Settings icon and set your preferences.
- Click OK to confirm your changes.
- Open the paper input tray and load the plain paper.
- Take the new ink cartridge out of the printer’s box.
- Open the package and hold the ink cartridge on either side.
- Remove the orange tape on the ink cartridge.
- Insert the ink cartridge with the ink nozzles facing the printer.
- Match the colors of the ink cartridge to the label on the slot.
- Close the cartridge access door and open the output tray.
- Wait until the printer aligns the ink cartridge and prints an alignment page.
123.hp.com/setup 2131 Printer Services
For the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 Printer, a basic printer driver is necessary for its proper functioning. For easy access to the printers, 123 HP Printer Support offers updated drivers for all printer models on our website. Download the drivers according to the printer model and then access the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printers.
Use the user manual on our website for 123.hp.com/setup 2131 Printer.It can be downloaded easily for all the users. In case of any issues or doubts regarding the basic installation, printing settings, installation new ink cartridge. Etc, refer to this user manual.
Simple Instructions for HP Deskjet 2131 Driver Installation
HP Deskjet 2131 Driver Installation for Windows
- Place the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer on a clean flat surface and ensure that it is close to the wall outlet.
- Use the Power button to turn on the printer, and wait until the printer becomes silent and idle.
- Remove the USB from the computer if it is connected to it.
- Obtain the Internet connection and visit our website.
- Enter the printer’s model name in the search bar.
- Click the Software and Drivers button and verify the OS of your computer.
- Look for the full-feature driver and check if it is compatible with your printer.
- Click the Download button and wait till the driver download completes on your computer.
- Save the file and go to the Downloads folder to locate it .
- Select the .exe file and extract the zipped files.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the driver installation on your Windows computer.
- Go to the Devices and Printers option and choose your HP printer.
- Select all the names on the HP printer and click the Remove Device option.
- This action uninstalls all the programs that are selected on the computer.
- Right-click on your printer name and then select the Add button.
- Select the Default option to set your printer as a default printing machine.
HP Deskjet 2131 Driver Installation for Mac
- Press the Power on button on the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer to turn it on. Remove the USB cable if it is connected to your computer.
- Connect the computer to the internet. Go to our website and enter the printer’s model name(123.hp.com/setup 2131). Click the Begin button and check the OS of your computer.
- Install the HP Easy Start application if you want to have a guided installation.
- The browser of the Mac automatically redirects you to the HP Software and Driver Downloads page, if you want to install the full feature driver.
- Select the HP Easy Scan option on the Installer screen to enable the scan function of your HP printer.
- Wait until the download is complete . Follow the instructions on the screen to setup and install your printer.
- You can also download the full-feature driver manually from the website. Click the Download button that is found next to the HP Easy Start option.
- Open the HP Easy Start file or the HP .dmg file on the Downloads folder.
- Select USB or Wireless as the connection type based on your preference.
- Select your HP printer name and click Use or Print Using to set it as a default printer.
- Choose the name of your HP printer in the pop-up menu and click the Add button to add your printer to a new printer queue.
- Go back to the HP Installer screen to complete the installation process.
How to Perform HP Deskjet 2131 Printer Print function?
How to Print documents (or) Photos?
How to Print documents (or) Photos on Windows?
- Load the paper into the main input tray and select the file on your computer that you want to print.
- You can edit the document before printing such as change the font, adjust the size, choose the layout option, and change the appearance.
- Click the Menu icon on the document and select the Print option. Make the necessary changes under the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 Printer Properties menu.
- Change the layout as portrait or landscape, and then you can select the paper tray, paper type, and the size of the paper under this menu.
- You can also set the quality of your prints based on your preferences, and select color settings like black, grayscale, or color.
- Click OK to confirm your changes, and then select the Print option to start printing a file.
- Remove the plain paper from the main input tray, and load a photo paper with the print side up, if you want to print a photo.
- Align the paper width guides against the paper, and select the photo that you want to print from the computer.
- Open the photo with the Windows Photos Viewer and click the Print option. Go to the Document Properties feature to make edits. Click OK to confirm, and then select Print.
How to Print documents (or) Photos on Mac?
- Load paper into the tray and open the document that you want to print. Select the file menu and click the Print option.
- Click Show Details and choose your printer name from the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 Printer menu.
- Set your own preferences under the Presets menu and make necessary changes based on the paper size and type.
- You can set the paper tray from where the printer has to take the paper for printing.
- You can also set the quality of the prints based on the print resolution dots per inch (DPI) such as Draft, Normal, Best, Maximum DPI.
- Select the color for your prints like black, color, or grayscale. Click the Print option to start printing a document.
- Remove the plain paper and load the photo paper if you want to print a photo.
- Place the paper with the print side up and adjust the paper width guides against the paper.
- Open the photo and click the File menu. Click Print and then select the layout.
- Edit your photo in the Show Details option. Select the orientation type under the Presets menu, and then click Print.
How Do I Print Envelopes on HP Printer?
How to Print on Envelopes with an HP Printer Using Windows?
- Load an envelope into the paper tray. Make sure that its surface is not shiny or coated with linings in order to avoid paper jam or damage to the printer.
- Place the envelope with the print side facing up, and move it to the left side. Adjust the paper guides until they rest against the paper.
- Search in Windows for WordPad and open it. Open the Menu icon and click the Page Setup option.
- Choose the envelope type from the Size option, and select the orientation as a Landscape.
- Click OK and enter the address. Make use of the formatting tools on the Home screen to the align the text to the center.
- Click Print and select the Print Preview option to view the file before printing. Make additional changes if you want, and then click Print to print an envelope.
How to Print on Envelopes with an HP Printer Using Mac?
- Load an envelope with the print side facing up into the input tray. Move it to the left side, and slide the paper guides until they rest against the envelope.
- Ensure that you don’t print on envelopes with clasps, shiny surfaces, or coated linings in order to avoid paper jams or damage to the printer.
- Search for Contacts in Mac and open the app. Select the contact name that you want to print on the envelope.
- Fill the address fields and do not leave it empty. Open the File menu and click the Print option.
- Select Show Details and click the Style menu. Select Envelope, and click the Layout option. You can select the layout and envelope size from the pop-up menu.
- Click the Label option to add, remove, or change the return address field. You can also enable or disable the checkbox next to Print My Address.
- Choose the landscape option on the Orientation window, and then click Print to print an envelope.
How to scan on hp deskjet 2131 Printer?
How to scan from printer to computer?
How to scan a document or photo to a file on Windows?
- Lift the scanner lid and load a document or photo on the scanner glass along the engraved guides.
- Make sure that you have installed the Adobe Reader software on your computer.
- Set the print resolution to 300 DPI or lower, if you want to save multiple photos into one file.
- Search for HP in Windows computer, and then click on your printer model name(123.hp.com/setup 2131) in the results.
- This opens the HP printer Assistant window. Select Scan a Document or Photo option to open HP Scan.
- Select Save as PDF or Document to File in the HP Scan window based on your preference.
- Load the next page of the document or photo on the scanner glass. Click the + symbol in the HP Scan Preview window to scan the next item.
- Repeat the same process until you scan all the required pages or photos, and then click Save.
- Make sure that the PDF option is selected in the Save as Type menu. Rename the file and the folder where you want to save the scanned file, and then click Save.
How to scan a document or photo to a file on Mac?
- Load a document or photo on the scanner glass along the guides with the print side facing down.
- Search the Mac computer and locate the scan option, and then select HP Easy Scan option from the results.
- Open the app and click the Scan button to scan a document. Load the next page of the document or photo, and select Scan Next Item or click the Add button.
- Open the Format menu and select the PDF option. Select the Where menu to choose the location where you want to save the scanned file.
- Enable the checkbox called Save All Items to a Single File, and click the Save button.
- You cannot add multiple file formats like JPEG, PNG, or TIFF to a single file with the HP Scan application. Use the PDF format to save all those files to one file.
How to scan from Printer to Email?
Steps to Scan a documents or Photos using Email:
- The scan to email feature works only with the local email clients like Microsoft Outlook, Live Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird.
- You can also work with web-based email accounts like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Hotmail. However, it must be configured through the above local email clients.
- You can attach a scan copy to an email with the help of HP Scan, which is installed on your computer.
- Search for HP in the Windows computer. Select your printer’s model name(123.hp.com/setup 2131) from the displayed list.
- Click to open the HP Printer Assistant, and then select the Scan a Document or Photo to open the HP Scan application.
- The scan preview window displays on the computer screen. Now click the Send button.
- This automatically opens the new email message with the attached scan copy on it.
How to Change Scan Settings on Windows
- Search for HP in Windows computer, and then select the model name of your printer.
- Open the HP Printer Assistant application, and select an option based on your file type.
- Click the box next to Show Scan Preview if you want to edit the scanned file before saving it.
- Change the quality of the scan image under the Resolution option. The resolution is measured in dots per inch (DPI).
- Change the color of the scanned document based on your preferences on the HP Scan software such as Color, Black and White, and Grayscale.
- You can also make more changes under the Advanced Settings option.
- Select Destination, and then click Browse. Choose the file location and click Save to Folder or Save Location. This will be your default file location for saving the scanned files.
- Click OK to confirm your changes, or click the Save button.
HP Deskjet 2131 Printer Troubleshooting Guidance
How to Fix ink cartridge Error?
- Check the ink cartridge error message on the computer .
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are compatible with your HP printer.
- Purchase the replacement ink cartridges from the HP Store.
- Visit our website to check the compatible ink cartridges.
- Turn on the printer, and then lower the output tray.
- Grasp the handle and open the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage moves to the center of the printer and becomes idle.
- Press down on the ink cartridge slightly to release it from the slot.
- Pull the ink cartridge out of its slot.
- Do not touch the ink nozzles or the copper-colored contacts.
- Look for tape on the ink cartridge.
- Discard the tape from the contacts, if present.
- Hold it on either side and then reinsert it into the slot.
- Slide the ink cartridge upwards and push gently until it snaps.
- Close the cartridge access door and check whether the issue is solved.
- Remove the power cord to clean electrical contacts.
- Remove the USB from the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer, and then press the ink cartridge.
- Remove the ink cartridge from the slot to check for ink debris.
- Wipe the contacts with a lint-free cloth or a dry cotton swab.
- Clean the contacts with a dampened lint-free cloth and let it dry.
- Clean contacts inside the carriage that is found inside the printer.
- Allow it to dry for 10 minutes and reinsert the ink cartridge.
- Push the cartridge forward gently until it clicks into place.
- Reconnect the power cable and the power cord to turn the printer on.
- Turn off the printer and restart it after 60 seconds.
- Replace the ink cartridge with a new original HP product.
- Print an alignment page and place it on the scanner glass.
- Wait until the printer aligns the ink cartridges.
- Replace or service the printer, if the problem persists.
How to Resolve HP Deskjet 2131 Printhead error?
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Open the ink cartridge access door, and then remove all ink cartridges.
- Place them on a piece of paper with the ink nozzles pointing upwards.
- Do not expose the ink cartridge for more than 30 minutes.
- Pull the latch on the ink cartridge carriage .
- Lift the printhead straightly upwards to remove it.
- Do not touch the ink nozzles as it may damage the printer.
- Use a dampened lint-free cloth to clean the electrical contact from the bottom to the top until you see the clear contacts.
- Use a fresh lightly dampened cloth to wipe the accumulated ink from the edge between the nozzles.
- Clean the plastic ramps that are found on both sides of the nozzles with the lint-free cloth.
- Clean the electrical contact areas that are found inside the printer until it looks clear.
- Raise the latch handle and reinsert the printhead into the holder.
- Lower the latch handle carefully and then slide the ink cartridge into the empty slot by matching the colors.
- Press the ink cartridge gently until it snaps into place, and close the cartridge access door.
- Press the Power button to turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait for about 30 seconds. Reconnect one end of the power plug to the rear of the printer and the other end to a wall outlet, and then turn it on.
- Replace or service the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer, if the problem persists.
How to Make HP DJ2131 Printer Online?
How to fix HP DJ2131 Printer Offline Issue on Windows?
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor application on your Windows computer.
- Open the HPPSdr.exe from the Downloads folder and run the program.
- Click the Start button, and then select your printer model name.
- Click Fix Printing to fix the connectivity problems.
- Turn off the printer to reset it. Wait for at least 10 seconds, and then remove the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Switch off your computer, and reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Remove the power cable from the router, and wait for about 10 seconds.
- Connect the power cable and restart the router. Wait until the light on the router becomes active.
- Press the Wireless button on the printer and wait until the printer connects to the wireless network.
- Switch on the computer and reconnect the power cable to the rear of the printer.
- Go to the Devices and Printer option on your computer, and then right-click on the HP printer name.
- Select Set as Default Printer and try to print.
How to fix HP DJ2131 Printer Offline Issue on Mac?
- Remove the USB cable from the Mac computer, and then reconnect it.
- Turn off the printer, and wait for at least 5 seconds.
- Remove the USB cable at the back of the printer, and turn it on .
- Wait until the printer becomes silent. Reconnect the USB cable to the printer after 5 seconds.
- Open the Printers and Scanners option from the Mac computer. To check the network connection of the printer in the Open Print Queue.
- Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer to reset it.
- Wait for about 60 seconds, and reconnect the power cord to check whether the issue is resolved.
- Search for Print, and select Printers and Scanners. Select your HP printer name and click the Default Printer option.
- Select your printer name from the list and click the ‘-’ symbol to delete it.
- Click the Add button to add the printer to the computer. Select the Print Using or Use option.
- Select your printer name or simply click the AirPrint option.
- Right-click on the blank space in the list, and select Reset Printing System.
- Select the Reset button, and then enter the admin user name and password.
- Wait until the computer resets the printing system and add your HP printer as mentioned above.
How to Fix Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue?
- Check for an error message on the computer screen.
- Check your 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer whether it has any hardware problem in it.
- Open the output tray and the cartridge access door. Use the flashlight and look inside the printer whether it has any paper jam.
- Use both hands to remove the jammed the paper if you find any.
- Try to move the cartridge between the edges and check whether it moves freely.
- The carriage jam will cause the print job to get stuck in the print queue. Remove jammed paper and clean ink buildup or debris on the cartridge roller.
- Check the ink cartridges whether they are installed properly into the slot.
- Open the lid on the slot, and pull the ink cartridge to remove it. Replace the ink cartridge, and press it slightly to firmly seat it into the slot.
- Check the ink status of the ink cartridge in the HP Software on your computer, to ensure whether it is in the estimated level.
- Open the Printers and Scanner option and look for the devices on the left, to check whether it has the multiple printer queues for the same printer name.
- Select all the printers name except the HP printer that you are using to print, and then click the Minus button to remove all the extra printer names.
How to Cancel Print Job?
How to Cancel Print Job in Windows
- Double-click the HP printer icon on the Windows task tray.
- This opens the windows with all the print jobs that are queued for printing.
- Check the current status of the print job that you want to cancel.
- Select that particular job from the list that is about to be canceled.
- Go to the Document menu, and then click Cancel.
- Press the Printer key on the printer’s control panel to solve the issue.
- You cannot stop printing data if it is already processed.
- Press the Job Reset option to continue printing for a few pages.
- Check your print queue and select the Cancel button if the printer has a large number of print jobs.
How to Cancel Print Job in Mac?
- Double-click the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer icon that is found on your desktop.
- A new window displaying all print jobs in the queue will appear on the screen.
- Check the current status of the print job that you want to cancel.
- Choose the name of the print job that you want to cancel.
- Click the Pause symbol, and then select the Trash icon.
- Do not cancel the print job if the printer is shared by multiple computers.
- Click the Job Reset button to cancel the print job if your printer is connected to a computer with a parallel cable.
- Do not stop the print job if it is already in process. Click the JobReset button again to continue printing a few more pages.
- The printer takes time to stop if it contains a large volume of print data.
How to Cancel Print Job in Mobile (OR) Tablet?
- Cancel the print job from your Android mobile or Tablet if you don’t want to print.
- Follow the steps given below to cancel the print job in two different applications from mobile phone or tablet
- Open the HP Print Service application on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Swipe down on the home screen from the top to check the current print jobs in the notification area.
- Choose the print job that you want to cancel, and then click the Cancel button.
- The canceling process displays on your mobile, wait until it stops the printing process.
- Open the HP ePrint application on your smart phone or tablet.
- Click the Notification icon on the home screen of the app.
- Click the ‘X’ symbol, and then click the Yes button to cancel the print job when the screen prompts you.
- The bugs on your device can also cause print the job to get stuck.
- Open the Chrome application on your mobile, and then navigate to any web page.
- Open the Settings option and click Print. Click the Back button instead of the Home button.
- This action cancels the print job sent from the mobile.