123.hp.com/oj6950 Printer AiO Support
Tables of Content:
About HP Officejet 6950 Printer
To set up your 123.hp.com/oj6950 printer go through the user manual or follow the steps given in this document. Refer these simple steps to set up a HP Officejet 6950 Setup:
Step 1: 123.hp.com/oj6950 – Unbox the package and remove the HP Officejet 6950 Setup out of the box.
Step 2: Remove all the tape and packaging material from the printer and connect the power cord.
Step 3: Open the cartridge access door and install the cartridges into the 123.hp.com/oj6950 printer.
Step 4: Load enough paper into the input tray and download the oj6950 printer software on your computer.
Step 5: The printer will calibrate and the cartridges will be aligned.
HP Officejet 6950 Setup Services
In order to establish connectivity between your computer and the HP Officejet 6950 Setup printer, the driver software is used. You will not be able to connect your printer and computer without a driver software. In order to avoid printer issues, download the latest 123.hp.com/oj6950 driver in your computer.
123.hp.com/oj6950 Printer manual provides guidance to all the users in setting up their device and troubleshooting various printer issues. It provides steps on how to use the printer, computer and other printer accessories. They also provide necessary information about printing, scanning, faxing and copying.
HP Officejet 6950 Printer Unboxing & Setting Up
When a printer is purchased, the first concern is to install or set up the device. You can refer the user manual to set up the printer and install the appropriate driver that supports the device. Setting up a 123.hp.com/oj6950 printer is easy as a pie. Follow the step-by-step procedure and complete the setup:
HP OJ6950 Printer First-Time Installation Steps:
- Slice the tape that is holding the box together and remove the 123.hp.com/oj6950 printer out of the package.
- Check if all printer accessories are present in the package. Discard the packaging material that is found on the printer’s surface.
- Open the exterior door, remove the tape and packaging present inside the printer. Connect the power cord to the printer and the power board.
- Press the Power button and turn on your printer. First, set up a USB connection and then you can change it to a wireless setup.
- On your printer’s control panel, configure the device’s settings. You will be prompted to install the cartridges.
- Unwrap a new cartridge and remove the pull tab and tape from it. Open the cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to become idle.
- Insert the cartridge into the printhead and make sure you have placed it in the correct slot. Insert the other cartridge and close the cartridge door.
- Load paper into the input tray and wait for the printer to calibrate. The ink will be charged, cartridges will be aligned and an alignment page will be printed.
HP Officejet 6950 Driver Installation Support
Before you start the 123.hp.com/oj6950 driver installation, make sure whether your computer is connected to your printer or not. The driver software is uniquely designed for Windows and Mac operating system. Follow the step-by-step procedure to install HP Officejet 6950 Driver for both Windows and MAC operating system.
Steps for HP OJ6950 Driver Installation for Windows
- Turn on your computer and make sure it is ready to Install the Driver Software. This can be checked in Windows Installation Settings.
- If your system is not ready, then navigate to Device Installation Settings. In the Device Installation Settings window, select the option to automatically download the driver.
- Get ready for driver installation by connecting your printer to the computer with a USB cable or through your local network.
- Interfacing your computer with your printer will help to detect the printer by Windows during Print driver installation.
- Open Devices and Printers and select your printer’s name, if it is not listed, then add your printer to the list.
- Using the Add Print Driver wizard, you will be able to choose the connection type and start the installation procedure.
- You will have the option to choose between Easy Installation (full feature installation) and Custom Installation.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and complete the installation. If there is any 123.hp.com/oj6950 Printer issue, refer the user guide for troubleshooting tips.
Steps for HP OJ6950 Driver Installation for Mac
You will have to install the latest driver software on your system for establishing flawless communication between your computer and printer:
- Check if your 123 HP Officejet 6950 printer is turned on and make sure it is connected to your computer via USB cable or Ethernet connection.
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences and try to locate your printer’s name in the Printers and Scanners list.
- If your oj6950 printer is not displayed on the list of results, then choose the Print Using option and add your printer’s name and click Next.
- In the next window, choose the name of your HP Officejet 6950 printer and click the Add button. Select Full Feature Installation and proceed to the next step.
- Disconnect the USB cable and connect it when it is prompted during the driver installation.
- Once the setup is complete, scan or print any document to check connectivity.
123 HP Officejet 6950 Wireless Protected Setup
Steps for HP OJ6950 WPS on Windows
You will have to install the HP Officejet 6950 print driver to set up your printer on a wireless network. During the installation, you will be prompted to select the connectivity type:
- Step 1 – Requirements for the printer installation through WPS:
- Press the Power button to turn on your printer. Turn on your computer and router.
- Make sure you have an active network connection. Disconnect the USB from your printer and computer.
- Step 2- Install the 123.hp.com/ooj6950 Printer Software
- Follow the online guide and install the printer software from HP Officejet 6950 Setup.
- Go to the driver download page and enter your printer’s name or model number.
- Choose the appropriate operating system and download the HP OJ6950 printer software.
- The downloaded file can be found in the Downloads folder. The file will be saved in .exe format.
- Run the file and click Agree to accept the terms and conditions. Select the connectivity type.
- Choose Wireless and continue with the installation. Choose the type of installation and click Next.
- After the installation, reboot your computer. Try to print a test document to check connectivity.
Steps for HP OJ6950 WPS on Mac
Follow the step-by-step procedure to set up a wireless network for your Mac operating system:
Step 1 – Prepare for installation
- Make sure your computer and printer are turned on. Disconnect the USB cable or Ethernet cable from your printer and computer. Your devices should be kept in a ready state.
- Turn on your router and connect your computer to the wireless network. Make sure the cartridges are installed and enough paper is loaded into the input tray.
- Step 2- Restore default Wireless Settings on the printer
- On your control panel, the wireless light should be on. If the light is not on, press and hold the wireless button for three seconds.
- Press the Cancel button and the error message will disappear. The wireless light will turn on or start blinking. Now, resume your installation process
Step 3 – Install the Software and Print Driver
- Open a browser on your Mac. Go to the driver download page and download the driver file that suits your printer model and operating system.
- Select the connection type during the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines for successfully registering and activating the driver software.
Step 4- Setup Wireless Network Connection
- Note down your wireless network name and password.
- On your 123.hp.com/oj6950 printer’s control panel, select the Setup option. Click the Wireless option and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The wizard will search for the routers available within range and a list will be displayed. Choose your network’s name from the list and enter the wireless network key.
- Your printer will now be connected to the wireless network. Try to print or scan a sample document to check the connectivity.
- If the document is not printing or scanning, then retry the entire procedure or try to reinstall the driver software.
123.hp.com/oj6950 – How to Print Documents?
How to Print Documents on Windows?
Printing is an absolutely easy procedure. You can print a document by following the user guide or the online manual. The driver software you install on your computer will provide you different features that can be used to print and edit print settings in your HP Officejet 6950 Setup:
- You can edit your document before you execute a print job. Go to the location or folder where you have saved the document you want to print.
- Open the document and click the File option. Click Print and review the print settings. If required, you can edit the document.
- You can crop or resize the file, the color and contrast can be modified and you can also choose the number of copies you want to print.
- Once the edits are completed, preview the document that you are going to print. Select your printer’s name in the list of available devices.
- Click Print and your HP Officejet 6950 printer will print the document. If there is an issue, then check the connectivity status.
How to Print Documents on Mac?
HP printers are compatible with both Windows and Mac operating system. Installing the correct driver will help you print with your Mac OS. The same procedure as in the Windows OS is followed to print with your Mac with slight differences:
- On your Mac, select the System Preferences tab and look for your printer’s name under the Printers and Scanners section.
- Your printer’s name should be displayed in the list of devices. Now, open the document you want to print and click the File menu.
- Select the Print option from the drop-down menu. Click Show Details and select the name of your printer. In the Preset menu, choose the •option that suits your document.
- You can edit the page size and customize the settings by choosing the Settings option. Click the Print option to initiate the printing process.
HP Officejet 6950 Digital Setup
HP Officejet 6950 ePrint Setup Support
HP ePrint is a feature that can be used to print from anywhere just by sending an email to your 123 HP Officejet 6950 printer. Every printer has a unique email address and that is used to 123.hp.com/oj6950 print using this feature. Your 123 hp Officejet 6950 printer should be connected to an active network. Download the HP ePrint application on your mobile device from Google Play Store:
- Open the application and complete the registration process. Navigate through the menu and try to create a new email.
- On your printer’s control panel, touch the ePrint icon. If the icon is not present, select Wireless settings and open Web Services.
- Click Print Info and the information sheet will be printed. This sheet will contain your printer’s email address.
- If there is no email address on the printed sheet, then locate the printer’s claim code and add @hpeprint.com to it.
- On your mobile device, search for the document you want to print and attach it to the email. Enter the printer’s email address in the To: field.
- The email should not have more than 10 attachments and only one email address should be present in the To: field.
- Make sure there is text in the subject line and the size of the attachment should be less than 10 MB.
- Click Send and the printer will start printing your document. If there is an error, check the connectivity status.
HP Officejet 6950 Cloud Print Setup Support
Google Cloud Print is a feature designed and supported by Google. This will help you print photos and documents from the Cloud Account. make sure your 123.hp.com/oj4650 printer is connected to the wireless network. Make sure your printer supports Google Cloud Print feature. You require a computer running Chrome or Chromebook and a Google account:
- Turn on your 123.hp.com/oj6950 Printer by pressing the Power button.
- Connect your printer and computer to a wireless network.
- On your computer, open the Chrome browser and go to Settings.
- Select Advanced Settings, scroll down the menu and select Google Cloud Print.
- Select the manage button. If your printer is listed under New Device, then register it.
- If it is listed on My Devices, then it is already registered.
- After registering your device, open a document you want to print.
- Choose your printer’s name and click Print.
- Your printer will print the document.