HP Envy Pro 6455 is an All-in-One printer that can print, scan, fax, and copy. It comes with the Smart contextual UI buttons, Self-healing dual-band Wi-Fi, flatbed scanner, 100-sheet input tray, 35-sheet Auto Document Feeder (ADF), and supports automatic duplex printing. Carry-out below steps for 123.hp.com/envy6455 Printer setup.
- Unpack the printer and take out the printer supplies.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Connect the printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Wait for the printer to turn on automatically.
- Next, install the printer software on your computer and connect the printer to it with a USB connection or wireless setup.
- After installing the printer software on your computer, load some plain paper into the printer’s paper input tray.
- Ensure that you have adjusted the paper-width guides.
- Close the paper input tray and install the ink cartridges.
- Make sure that you have removed the protective seal from the ink cartridges before installing them into the printer.
- The color ink cartridge should be installed on the left side and the black ink cartridge on the right side.
- Avoid touching the copper-colored parts in the ink cartridge to prevent poor print quality in the future.
- After installing the ink cartridges, verify the 123.hp.com/envy6455 function with the help of the printer software.
- For mobile printing, use the HP Smart app.
- It is available for download in the Google Play Store app and the App Store app.
HP Envy Pro 6455 Driver Download
A printer driver is a software responsible for the communication between the printer and the computer. If you wish to download the HP printer driver, click the Driver Download button available on this page. Otherwise, follow the below-mentioned steps to download it from the official HP site.
- Ensure that you have a standard Internet connection on your computer.
- Close all the running programs and open the default browser.
- Navigate to the official HP site and enter ‘HP Envy Pro 6455’ in the search panel.
- Press the Enter key to navigate to the supports & downloads page.
- Click the Choose a different OS link and select the OS running on your computer.
- Under Driver-Product Installation Software, click the Download button to download the full feature software.
- Alternatively, click the Get the App button to download the HP Smart app.
- Wait until the download is completed.
- After downloading the printer driver, run the driver installation process.
HP Envy Pro 6455 Driver Install
Driver installation with the help of the HP Smart app:
- Make sure that you have downloaded the compatible printer software on your Windows computer.
- Close all the running programs and launch the HP Smart app.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on and connected to the wireless network.
- In the HP Smart app window, click the Get Started button.
- On the Data Collection Notice & Settings screen, select the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Next, click the Skip button if your printer is not detected automatically by the HP Smart app.
- Ensure that the 123.hp.com/envy6455 is in Setup mode and ready for the driver installation process.
- Click the Add icon in the HP Smart app and select your printer.
- If the printer is not detected, click the Set Up a New Printer button and select your printer from the displayed list.
- On the Printer Setup screen, click the Continue button.
- To allow access to your Wi-Fi network, click the Continue button.
- If the User Account Control window pops-up, click the Yes button to allow the app to make changes to your device.
- Wait until the printer is automatically detected and connected to the wireless network.
- If prompted, press the Info button to confirm your proximity to the printer.
- Once you have successfully installed the HP Smart app and connected your printer to the computer, verify the printer function.
HP Envy Pro 6455 Wireless Setup
Wireless Setup using the WPS Push Button method:
- Before connecting your HP printer to the wireless network, make sure that you have completed the basic printer setup.
- Make sure that the 123.hp.com/envy6455 and the Wi-Fi router are turned on.
- On the HP Envy Pro 6455 printer, press the Wireless and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Hold them for 3 seconds to begin the WPS connection process.
- Navigate to the Wi-Fi router and press the WPS button.
- Hold it for 5 seconds to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Once the printer is connected to the wireless network, the wireless LED will turn into solid purple.
- Next, connect your computer to the same wireless network and install the printer software.
- During the driver installation process, choose the wireless connection as your connection type.
- Finish the driver installation process with the help of the on-screen prompts.
- After completing the driver installation, print a sample document wirelessly from the computer to the printer.
HP Envy Pro 6455 USB Setup
Carry out these steps to set up the HP Envy Pro 6455 printer on a Windows computer using the USB connection:
- Turn on the printer and the Windows computer.
- Insert the setup CD that comes along with the printer into the computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Next, open the setup file to run the driver installation process.
- If your computer does not support the setup CD-ROM, download the HP Easy Smart software from the official HP site.
- Open the downloaded file and click the Yes button if the User Account Control window pops-up.
- Once the HP Easy Start software is launched, connect your 123.hp.com/envy6455 and the computer using a standard USB cable.
- Agree to the EULA and select the I have read and agree to the End User License Agreement and HP Privacy Statement checkbox.
- Click Continue and check if the HP Easy Start software detects your printer.
- If your printer is not detected, click the My Printer is Not Shown button.
- On the Choose your software and driver screen, click the Full software and drivers radio button and click Continue.
- Wait until the printer software is installed.
- Finish the driver installation process with the help of the on-screen instructions.
- Once the driver installation process is completed, click the Finish button.