The HP Envy 6055 printer supports both the USB and wireless connection. This printer uses the HP Thermal Inkjet printing technology. Below are the instructions to perform the initial setup of the 123.hp.com/envy6055 printer.
Unpacking the printer
- Take out the HP Envy 6055 printer along with the necessary components from the box.
- Remove the packing and protective materials from the inside as well as the outside of the printer.
Connecting the printer to an electrical outlet
- Plug the power cord into the rear port of the printer.
- The other end of the power cord must be connected to the power source.
- Once done with the connection, the printer will turn on automatically.
- If it does not, you have to power up the printer by pressing the Power button on the control panel.
Installing the printer software
- The HP Smart and HP Easy Start drivers are the recommended software to access the printer.
- Establish a connection between the HP Envy 6055 printer and your computer using a USB cable.
- Alternatively, connect both the printer and the computer to the same wireless network.
- Download the recommended driver from the official HP website.
- Install and launch the HP Smart application on the computer.
- Select Continue -> Yes and click the add icon.
- Click the HP Envy 6055 printer. If the printer does not appear on the screen, click Set up a New 123.hp.com/envy6055 Printer and proceed with the computer’s on-screen instructions.
- Place some U.S. letter or A4 paper in the printer’s input tray.
- Fit the paper correctly in the input tray by aligning the paper-width guides.
- The print side of the paper should face down in the input tray.
- Ink cartridges installation
- Before installing the ink cartridges, the carriage inside the printer must be idle.
- Take a new ink cartridge from the package and remove the plastic tape.
- Insert all the ink cartridges one by one into the cartridge slots.
- Close the HP Envy 6055 printer’s ink cartridge access door.
HP Envy 6055 Driver Download
- Access the official HP web page from the computer’s default web browser.
- Search for the printer and click the Software, drivers and firmware tab on the left panel.
- The operating system of your computer will be detected automatically. If you want to change it, click the Choose a different OS link.
- Navigate to All Drivers -> Driver-Product Installation Software and click Download below the HP Smart or HP Easy Start driver.
- Alternatively, click the Driver Download button given below to download the HP Envy 6055 printer driver to the computer.
HP Envy 6055 Driver Install
- Once you have downloaded the 123.hp.com/envy6055 printer driver on your computer, carry out the simple instructions mentioned below.
- Locate the downloaded installer file on the computer.
- Double-click the installer to start the installation process.
- Click Yes in the UAC prompt dialog box.
- Select the checkbox beside the ‘I have received and accept the data collection settings and the HP Privacy Statement’ option and click Continue.
- If needed, select the HP Envy 6055 printer.
- Carry out the instructions displayed on the screen to finish the installation process.
- If the software installation is successful, you will see the Congratulations! Setup is complete message on the screen.
- Exit the installation wizard.
HP Envy 6055 Wireless Setup
Perform any one of the methods given below to connect the 123.hp.com/envy6055 printer to a wireless network.
Method 1 – Push Button Configuration
- Hold the Wireless and Power buttons at the same time on the printer’s control panel.
- Release these buttons after three seconds.
- Go to your wireless router that supports WPS and press the WPS button.
Method 2 – Using a PIN
- If you are sure that your wireless router has WPS, you can prefer this PIN method for the wireless setup.
- Hold the Information icon.
- Wait until all the printer’s control panel gets lit up.
- Now, hold the Information and down arrow buttons together.
- Release the buttons after five seconds.
- The HP Envy 6055 printer will print a page. Find a PIN code on the printed page and note it down.
- Launch the configuration utility on your computer and enter the PIN.
- Check if the LED on the printer stays lit after two minutes. This indicates that the HP Envy 6055 printer is connected to the wireless network successfully.
Method 3 – Using the HP printer software
- Download and install the 123.hp.com/envy6055 printer software on the computer.
- While installing, you have to provide the correct wireless network information such as network name and password.
- If you have already installed the software and not specified the connection yet, open the HP software and click Tools -> Device Setup & Software -> Connect a new device.
- Continue with the rest of the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless setup.
HP Envy 6055 USB Setup
- Make sure the HP Envy 6055 printer is turned on.
- Download the HP printer software from the official HP web page.
- Install the software on your computer according to the on-screen prompts.
- At the time of software installation, choose the USB connection.
- When you see a prompt message to connect the USB cable, establish a connection between the 123.hp.com/envy6055 printer and the computer using the USB cable.
- Perform the remaining instructions to finish the HP software installation process.