Unboxing the HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer:
- The first step is to take the 123.hp.com/dj2755 printer out of its box.
- Next, remove all the tape, packing materials, and stickers from the outside of your printer.
- Now, lower the printer’s output tray, reach inside it, and grasp the handle.
- Then, open the ink cartridge access door by lowering it.
- Take out all the packing materials and tape from the inside of your printer.
- You can then recycle the box and the packing materials.
Please avoid connecting the USB cable at this stage. Only during the software installation can you establish a connection to your computer.
Connecting the power cable:
- Now, take hold of the power cable. Connect one end of your power cable to the back of your printer. Then, plug the other end into the wall socket.
- Next, press the power button on your printer to turn it on. You will find that the carriage moves to the center of the printer.
- Please wait patiently until your printer is idle and silent before continuing with the installation of the ink cartridges.
Installation of the ink cartridges:
You can install only those HP ink cartridges that were shipped along with your printer.
- First, take out one of the ink cartridges from the package. You can touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.
- Next, remove the plastic tape.
- Caution: Please avoid touching the ink nozzles or the copper-colored contacts. And refrain from replacing the protective tape on these contacts. If you try to handle these parts, it might lead to clogging, poor electrical connections, or ink failure.
- It is now time to slide your ink cartridge into its slot. You have to do this task at an upward angle.
- After sliding the cartridge, push on it until you see it snap into place.
- Please remember that you have to install the color ink cartridge in the left slot and the black cartridge in the right slot.
- Now, you can close your ink cartridge access door.
Loading paper into the input tray of your printer:
Please load only plain, U.S. letter paper or A4 paper into the input tray of your printer. For loading paper, please follow the instructions given here:
- First, you have to raise your 123.hp.com/dj2755 printer’s input tray.
- Next, gently slide the paper width guide to the far left.
- Now, please load your stack of paper into the input tray.
- Slowly slide your paper width guide to the right until you see it resting at the edge of the paper.
- You can now lower the printer’s output tray. Next, pull out your tray extender.
You have completed the hardware setup of your HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer. Now, please continue with the software installation.
HP Deskjet Plus 2755 Driver Download
The driver is the most significant part of a printer. The printer driver does the task of converting the data to be printed into a form that the printer can understand. It also takes up the job of sending the print data to the printer. For the printer to function properly, the appropriate driver has to be downloaded. Incorrect or incompatible drivers might result in a lot of printer issues.
- Therefore, to get the maximum functionality out of your printer, you have to download the most suitable driver for your printer.
- You can click the Driver Download button on this page to instantly get the driver.
- Otherwise, navigate to the official site of your HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer.
- Click the Software and Drivers tab.
- Next, click the Printer icon.
- On the screen that appears next, enter your printer name (along with its model number) and then click on the Submit button.
- On the next screen that opens, you can either use the existing operating system or switch over to a different one.
- For instance, if the existing OS is Windows 8.1 (64-bit), you will find the following titles on your screen.
- All drivers
- Driver-Product Installation Software
- Utility-Diagnostic Tools
- From the titles, choose the most appropriate driver for your printer and then click on the blue Download button opposite to it.
- Then, continue with the remaining on-screen instructions to finish the driver download.
- You have now successfully downloaded the driver for your 123.hp.com/dj2755 printer.
Hp Deskjet Plus 2755 Driver Install
You can install the driver for your HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer using two different methods:
Method-1: Using CD
- You can use the CD that comes along with your HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer to install the driver.
- Please insert the CD into the CD/DVD drive of your computer.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the driver on your computer.
Method-2: Downloading from the official site
- You can use this method if your printer package does not come with a CD or your computer does not support a CD/DVD drive.
- Please navigate to the official site of your HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer.
- Then, download the driver for your printer from the site.
- Once the downloading is complete, you can navigate to the downloaded file on your computer.
- Now, double-click the file to open it. Then, continue with the rest of the on-screen installation instructions to finish installing the driver on your computer.
You have now successfully installed the driver for your HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer.
HP Deskjet Plus 2755 Wireless Setup
You can conveniently perform the wireless setup of your HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer. Please follow the instructions given here to do the same:
- The first step is to switch on your 123.hp.com/dj2755 printer. When you see that the display screen is on, press the wireless button and the cancel button simultaneously for 3 seconds.
- Now, release both the buttons. You will find that the power button starts blinking.
- After a few seconds, the power button will stop blinking. Now, the blue wireless button will begin to blink. You can now be sure that your printer has entered into the setup mode.
- Get your Android device or iPhone and then download the HP Smart app from the App Store.
- After you have downloaded the HP Smart app, you can open it. You can then start adding your printer so that you will be able to perform the wireless setup.
- Next, tap the Plus (+) button at the top of your screen. Now, a search for the available printers will be executed. In case you cannot see your printer, tap on the Set Up a New Printer button.
- Now, you can view your HP Deskjet 2700 series printer on your screen. Tap on it.
- Now, enter your network SSID, tap on the Change Network option on your device’s screen.
- You will now be requested to enter the password of your Wi-Fi network. After you finish entering the password, tap on the Continue button.
- On the screen, you will see the Connecting… message. Next, you can see this message on your screen:
- Press the flashing “Information” button on your printer
- So, please turn your attention to the printer and then press the Information button once.
- You can now see the Printer Connected to Wi-Fi message on the screen.
- Tap the Continue button. The device that you are using right now (Android or iPhone) will prompt you to load the paper.
- Therefore, open the printer’s rear tray and then keep the A4 sized sheets on it.
- You can tap the Continue button now.
- It is now time to tap the Print a Document button. This action is to confirm your setup.
- On the screen that displays next, you can find the printer icon. Now, tap on it.
- Here, you can see your printer’s name (at the top) and the estimated level of ink. Now, your printer will begin printing the confirmation page.
- From the current screen, you can also perform wireless scanning.
- Your printer will eject the sheet now. This is the wirelessly-printed sheet.
- This shows that you are ready to use the printer for any wireless service.
You have now successfully completed your HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer’s wireless setup.
We have now seen the steps involved in the wireless setup of your HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer.
HP Deskjet Plus 2755 USB Setup
Let us now set up your 123.hp.com/dj2755 printer for a USB cable connection. In case you want to get the most supported features from any printer connected through USB, you have to install the full-feature HP driver.Now, we will look into the steps involved in preparing your printer for the USB setup on a Windows computer.
Stage 1-Preparing the HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer for USB setup:
The first task is to check all the requirements and remove any printer versions (that you might have installed previously) from your Windows computer.
Checking the requirements:
- Please make sure that your HP printer has been turned on and is ready.
- You have to get a USB cable that is less than 3 m in length.
- There will be a USB port already available on your Windows computer. In case you are using a docking station or a USB hub, your HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer might not get enough power to function properly.
- In case you have connected the USB cable to your Windows computer prior to the HP driver’s installation, you can go on with the following steps. These steps will explain how to remove your HP printer from the installed devices.
- If you have not connected the USB cable, you can just skip to Stage 2 to install the driver.
- Please disconnect the printer USB cable from your Windows computer. Avoid reconnecting this cable until you see a prompt to do so during driver installation.
- On your Windows computer, go to the Search box. In this box, type “control panel” (without the quotes).
- The All Control Panel Items window will now pop up on your screen.
- In this window, click on the Devices and Printers option.
- When the Devices and Printers window opens up, right-click the icon that represents your printer model and then choose the Remove device option.
- In case you see that there are many icons for your 123.hp.com/dj2755 printer, you have to remove all of them.
- Now, you can close the Devices and Printers window and then move on to Stage 2.
Stage 2-Installing the HP driver and setting up the connection:
- On your computer, navigate to 123.hp.com and then type in HP Deskjet Plus 2755.
- Please continue with the on-screen instructions to download the driver.
- The driver installation app called HP Easy Start might get downloaded.
- In case a suitable driver or HP Easy Start gets downloaded, you can follow the on-screen instructions to open the downloaded file. And then, you can begin the setup.
- When you see a prompt to select a connection type, please choose USB. If your setup is successful, you don’t have to finish the rest of the instructions on this page.
In case your download fails, you need to continue with the following steps to install your driver from the official HP site.
- Navigate to the official HP site, go to the Software and Driver Downloads section, and enter HP Deskjet Plus 2755.
- Next, confirm your OS version.
- Now, please continue with the remaining on-screen steps to finish downloading the appropriate driver for your HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer.
- When you are prompted by the installer to select a printer connection option, choose the USB option.
- You can continue with the remaining on-screen instructions to complete the USB setup.
- Now, your printer is ready for printing and scanning.
- You have now successfully finished your 123.hp.com/dj2755 printer’s USB setup.
- We have seen the steps involved in performing the USB setup of your HP Deskjet Plus 2755 printer using a Windows computer.